Saturday 25 July 2015

A Mixed Week

With lots being done.
I have finished a couple of Noodehead's  Open Wide Pouch
before the zipper were trimmed
And a couple of One Hour Baskets
that were supposed to be for the sales table at our Group Exhibition is September but I may have commandeered one myself!
a little collection of Jo Morton fabrics
And I have stitched hundreds well, dozens of bunting triangles that now have to be attached to the tape - again for our sales table
 Darling Daughter popped over last weekend and selected some fabrics to make a baby quilt for SIL's cousin - baby due in November - and the quilt is nearly done!
It's nice to see she makes as much mess as me!


But more importantly .......

Ta Dah!!!
I have finished my first crochet blanket!!!
After years of wanting to learn how to crochet and never having the proper time, you may remember that I visited Yarndale last September and did a mini class learning to crochet a bowl - which I did - Yay!


Most people would learn to do Granny Squares or something like but not me - in the new year I started on my blanket using Lucy's Attic 24 Cosy Stripe pattern. I had lots of the Stylecraft Special DK which is an acrylic yarn that is really soft and supple and is very easy to work with.  With a bit of help from my friends in a local crochet group that I have pushed into been invited into joined! I have found the whole process a relaxing TV project.
It might not be perfect - but then neither am I!
                         
I stayed up quite late to finish the last border because today our crochet ladies all trollied off to Fibre East 
a show dedicated to yummy yarns


                  
There was just a Festival of colour!


I have plans to make  this shawl  and it uses a Lace weight yarn


And after dithering and dathering between some of the FABULOUS hand dyed yarns I chose this one
Alpaca, Silk and Cashmere - so soft!
 But I think before I attempt this I will have a go with some 4ply and this pattern   which has had much attention in a Crochet Along a couple of weeks ago  . The pattern calls for Double Knit but if it is completed in 4ply it will make a much lighter lacy item.
 It now looks like some more of the crochety gals may be having their own Crochet Along             
A couple of colour-ways of 4ply have been purchased, though one may be used for socks.
There was lots of vendors with some lovely displays



Back in September I coveted one of the lovely pottery yarn bowls but persuaded myself that it would be a silly purchase.
But I was egged on today by some very naughty ladies and sucummed to this beauty

Isn't it pretty!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness you have got your mojo back........what a lot of finished projects. Loved the day out at Fiber East, and loved looking at all those yummy yarns. I have to finish some fingerless mitts for eldest daughter before I can play along with the crochet scarf / shawl, mind you they say it's going to rain tomorrow so maybe it won't be long before I play

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been resisting the crochet/knit pull....I have too many cloth things to finish!:) Looks like the gang had a fabulously colorful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous day at Fibre East. Far exceeded my expectations. I am so tempted to start playing with my purchases but like Jo I must finish my ripple blanket first. Well that's the plan anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day out yesterday and really enjoyed it. Must get o lots to do, including the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that yarn looks amazing! Lovely colors. Looks like you've been having fun!

    ReplyDelete