I have finished my first Sew Along!
|25" square, 3" blocks|
There was LOTS of cutting (tiny pieces) and it was fiddly to put together. But actually no different than making a larger quilt, of which I have made many! It also takes about the same time too, so bang goes my "haven't got time at the moment so I will make something small". Duh!!!
But I loved it. I do love it. It is very square (bonus!) and very flat and hangs nicely on the wall.
I know that my quilty friend has finished hers, but she has been gracious enough not to publish until I had finished mine.
She also has another idea for a miniature - and I do mean miniature.
|Block size one and a half (YES 1+1/2" BLOCK!)|
But not before I have finished a smocking project that started like this
I have been distracted by making some of the cute shorts for the charity that sends them to Africa. A friend makes them for her church to send, and the next shipment will go in August and it only took a couple of hours from start to finish, and that included over-locking the fabric samples together to make the pieces big enough to cut the pattern from. This simple pattern can be found here
|over-locked scraps made into shorts|
Bunting for the garden - of course. Cake for the day - of course.
Honestly - I wasn't asked - I volunteered and am delighted to do it too.
Bunting all in hand, and would have been finished, but it needed pressing and the weather has been glorious here - but HOT - so pressing will take place a bit later when the sun is no longer shining, and then it just needs adding to the tape. Sorted.
Not starting ANYTHING else (at the moment!!)