Tuesday 17 November 2015

Time is Flying By

 But I still feel in a bit of control!

We spent a reflective morning at our local War Memorial . I live in a small town, more a large village really,  but the turnout for Remembrance Sunday was wonderful


I always make a point to remember a friend of my father - Colin Duffy - who was shot down over Holland and has a grave at a cemetery near Eindhoven. Colin had no family so after my father died, who would be there to remember.

I have cracked on with this months Mini Mania Challenge

This months is a nine block Churn Dash. I had a few ideas, and I may have made more than one piece this month......
It is QUITE small...
Spent a bit of time sewing in the ends of some more green crochet blocks that I delivered to the  Craft Club ready for the 10ft Christmas Tree construction, AND watched the penultimate episode of Unforgotten on TV

Great show - I think I know who might have done it!



Had a lovely walk with Sister2 around Sywell Country Park.
spied a field full of Canada Geese grazing but couldn't get a better shot!
The weather was glorious.

We then headed off for an overnight stay with our lovely daughter to help celebrate her birthday (she was born on a Friday 13th - so that blows the bad luck out as far as we are concerned )  Made her favourite cake from the Roald Dahl Revolting recipes book. Yummy !!

Mr T was being measured up for a new set of golf clubs (as you do) so a visit to Gainsborough  where this pic of the Old Hall was taken though we were not able to visit this time 

And then there was ....


2 comments:

  1. I always feel very emotional on Remembrance Sunday as my father fought in WW1 and WW2.. Hope Mr T enjoys his new 'play better' clubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing little peaks at where you live; I love the look of European towns and villages and countryside. Just lovely. And how sad for Paris. I just cried. It's my favorite city. Good work on your projects!

    ReplyDelete