Thursday 19 March 2020

Where Do I Start?!?

 Fairly early in the New Year we spent a couple of days visiting our lovely Capital City
 We had a nice hotel (at a bargain price) right near Tower Bridge
 We spent the late afternoon at the top of The Shaard
 and sat and watched the sun go down



The following morning we took a river bus along the Thames to Greenwich 

 London looks so different from the river


 We had lovely wander around Greenwich, and came across the lovely St AFege church, which is undergoing a huge renovation project.  The volunteer guide was so friendly and informative.  It will be interesting to return after all the work is completed.



Popped into Shakespeare's Globe Theater before a scrumptious dinner at Marco Pierre White's Italian
All courtesy of No1 son for our (last years) anniversary treat.


There has been much going on in the garden  and my lovely gifted chainsaw has been working hard

perhaps a tad too hard?
Last week, we took a bit of time of the household chores and took a ride out to Ely to see an exhibition at the Cathedral.



Crowns and Gowns - an exhibition of costumes from film and TV that are filmed on location at the Cathedral

From Elizabeth - The Golden Age























And the Coronation Gown worn by Claire Foy in the TV series "The Crown"






The  embroidery detail was exquisite - it must have weighed on TON!  
We have visited Ely Cathedral before
It's a wonderful building


It has a great Stained Glass museum



Though almost all of the glass in the cathedral is Victorian - all the beautiful medieval glass was destroyed during the reformation.  Old Henry VIII has a lot to answer for !


On the crafting front ...

I have been playing about really - My sewjo seemed to have wandered off.

I did have a go at the Clever Woppet bag
But  not really happy with the handle system


A cast of on the shawl that was meant for baby sister for Christmas. She says it was worth the wait 😀


I have dutifully been working on my Higham Piecemakers Christmas Challenge 

As its an EPP project, progress is quite slow, but I will get there


And then came COVID19 !!!


So we are self distancing as requested by the government, hoping to help stop the spread of this awful virus.  And that's where my sewjo returned!



blocks all finished for the final round on this scrappy Ladder to the Stars quilt

from this book. 
 
Hopefully be quilting this before the weekend is out. 

Stay Safe, Wash your Hands, and don't stockpile the loo roll!!!  






2 comments:

  1. So lovely to see a post pop up Lesley & yes it is definitely a strange time. I feel quite flumoxed by it all & I'd like my sewjo to come back more. Loved your outings & that embroidery on the dress is exquisite. Your crafting is all gorgeous. I've made a start on another of my designs & will be working exclusively from my stash, as although we aren't completely self isolating, we are being extra careful, really thrifty & hoping it will soon be all over. Please stay safe, take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me feel guilty that I haven't written my blog but that is something I must look at. Keep safe and well.

    ReplyDelete