Tuesday 20 June 2017

Phew! Catching Up!

 So, last time I posted, I had just begun my May Mini Mania Challenge
I spent the afternoon in the garden using my glue pen to prep the diamond shapes
 
 sewed them together

 And finished the quilt
 with time to spare


 Made some bunting for baby Leo's Baptism celebrations



 
My lovely family
 And we had a lovely family get together in a sunny garden. Cousins caught up on news, a little bit of fizz was drunk and a good time was had by all

I had a trip with a friend  to visit a craft shop that supplies Box making kits for our group.  I am glad that I was with her,  as we had almost got to our destination when there was an awful accident ahead of us and  we sat stationary for over an hour.  We had a little lesson on how to use google maps to check traffic problems, and thanked a higher being that it was not us laying on the Tarmac.

We did our errand and then walked into the town (Hertford)  to see if we could get a coffee before our return journey and came across this lovely building

the Old Vergers House built in 1450



 And with the coffee we thought it would be rude not to have a bite of lunch too
yummy!

 I have been making some small items for a friends sales table


 And a couple of little pouches for No1 son's spare lenses
                                    





  I have also been using up more scraps of fabric to make some skirts for the Dress a Child Charity                         
 Four skirts made and Three tops left to crochet

 But I think that they are quite pretty and hope that they will find a new home soon.

There was a trip to the RHS Flower Show at Chatsworth house.
 which went so much better than we thought it might. The day before they had had to call of the Press event due to 40MPH winds and torrential rain  ⛈๐ŸŒฌ
my next willow weaving project!
 But, though it was a bit damp underfoot in some places, we had a glorious day wandering round amongst the exhibits
fell in love with this clematis

the overpowering perfume of s many lillies

Gladioli fireworks

an earwigs heaven
 This little garden display is my idea of heaven, but I'm afraid my garden get too much sun ๐Ÿ˜ž
 Love the Lime green and purple together
 This display of Alliums and Amaryllis just took my breath away

At home, we have had a bumper start to the strawberry season 
 the new tiered bed is working out a treat
though this was Little Miss' reaction when she heard that we were eating them

she LOVES strawberries
Whilst we were down south we visited the Poppy Wave at Shoeburyness Garrison 



#PoppiesTour
It was a little walk from the car park to see this, but on a lovely day was well worth the effort.

Last weekend, a couple of the ladies from a Patchwork Group that I belong to, hosted a Flower and Quilt show at their local church.  A couple of friends and I popped along on Saturday morning to take a look, and we weren't disappointed.

There were a number of fabulous flower displays,
 A Peter Rabbit wedding
 and some beautiful quilts on display
gorgeous embroidery

an Inchies hanging
 and a great number of fabulous quilts packed into a small village church

 In the afternoon, we went to visit DD's new home. They haven't moved in yet but will do so in a couple of weeks. There is much work to do, both in the house and in the new garden
goose grass and bind weed ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
 But it will make a lovely new home for them and the new baby when heshe๐Ÿ‘ถ arrives in a few weeks

 At Group yesterday, we had a session using Transfer Crayons, and I made this little card with the help of a paper doily

 That's it then, Oh except I have finished Junes Mini Mania Challenge too ๐Ÿ˜…



 So perhaps it's not surprising that it has taken me so long to catch up on my blogging ๐Ÿ˜€


3 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've certainly packed in a lot since you last posted. Your baby blocks finish is gorgeous & that flower show is right up my street, except that I don't live in UK. I drooled. Lovely display at the church & oh, those delish-looking stawberries. Well done & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! I am exhausted just reading all that you have been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put me to shame as I haven't blogged for weeks.

    ReplyDelete