I had started an applique piece which I had intended to be vaguely similar to this
This piece hangs in my local Library, and was worked on over a number of years by ladies at the Library.
But as the deadline drew closer, I was not happy with what I had started, so in the bin it went!
A rummage in my scrap box and after a fairly hurried day of sewing ...😓
Nothing like I had planned, but a finish non the less 😏
Because I had been sorting scraps - AGAIN!- I put together 6 Incubator size quilts ready for our Project Linus day at my local group
For many years I have been chasing the foot pedal across the floor of me sewing space. So much so, that I am sure my right leg has stretched longer than my left 😳 so another dive in the scraps and in less than 20 minutes, I had made a non slip mat for said pedal.
|why have I not done this before!?!|
It is the season for Seville Oranges - I love homemade Marmalade - I like to make it with much less sugar than any recipe asks for. So a quick trip to a local farm shop and then the boiling commenced.
And I now have enough Marmalade to last me well into the next
|just need to add the labels|
Last weekend saw a visit from all the family, and on Saturday we all trooped off to a local farm centre. Of all the animals that were on display, this proud peacock stole the show.
And on a freezing weekend, playing in cold water is a must!
Especially after a bit of an "event" 😱
This is the jigsaw that Mr T has spent the weeks since Christmas completing. I mean weeks!!
He is thinking of actually framing this one. There is a LOT of just plain white.
A few minutes silence...........
|Grandpa was not happy|
But after a concerted effort from members of the family and a couple of very late nights.......
We had some very good news at Christmas...
I had the day to myself on Saturday, so I grabbed a bunch of squares that I had cut from my scraps some time ago, and pieced another, this time larger, Linus quilt.
And, as you do , a scrappy pieced back
Just the binding to go on this one.
Floating about the internet a couple of weeks ago, I saw something that I thought a friend of mine would like to do when she was away on an extended holiday. I prep'd the fabric squares for her and gifted them. They have gone off to warmer climes, but as I worked on them, I thought how nice a piece they would make for the new baby.
So I have made some for myself.
We had our monthly Crochet group meeting on Friday and I got two of the crochet borders finished.
But my third attempt was so much better, ( it helps if you read the pattern right!) so I unpicked the mornings work and have re done those squares. The pattern is in American terms, and uses an English Double Treble Crochet stitch, but I think I may be a bit loose on my gauge so I have used English Treble Crochet and it looks much neater.
|a bit of blocking will tidy them up|
So 3 down and 33 to go!