Friday 21 October 2016

Where do I Start!!

So much has happened during what has been a very busy month for me. 

I'll keep it as short as I can....

The last weekend in September saw me and these three reprobates friends head off to Yorkshire to attend  Yarndale - a fiber festival held at the Auction Mart in Skipton
 Lots of lovely woolly goodness was on sale


The two non knitters were the first to make purchases!!

 One of the members of a patchwork group that I belong to had sent off a pair of hand knit socks for display, and that will be distributed to homeless people in that area.
Last year saw 75 pairs of socks donated -  this year 160 pairs had been sent for the cause and we had promised to find our dear friends donation amongst these

 But find them we did !!!!

 I could show you lots more photos of the wonders that were on sale but I feel you may become somewhat jealous.......

But I will show some of the fabulous Yarn Bombing pieces that were decorating the area surrounding the venue









 and through the walk up to the Auction Mart

I may have made just a couple of purchases .....
 We walked down into the town which has the Leeds Liverpool canal running through it.
 Sunday saw us visit Bolton Abbey


 The weather was very kind to us, and we walked almost 5 miles that afternoon


 with some messing about going on


 And half way round our route we had to partake in a little pick me up

 Anyway - a great weekend with great company and I hope to do it again another year


 DD and SIL came to stay for the weekend and we took advantage of another lovely day to walk down the Green-way near to our home

 A game of Pooh Sticks is always a favourite
can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?
Another lovely weekend spent

 A quick bed change and the other half of the family came for a few days

Lots of fun in the park ...
 for the big ones too
 seems they never grow up !


 and another trip to Foxton Locks
Votes to be cast later!!

 And spending time with these lovelies always warms my heart .
 And then we packed our bags and headed north for a little break .....

But I think that will wait for the next post !!




3 comments:

  1. No wonder we haven't seen you lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased your back ...you have some catching up to do. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, but beautiful September/ Octber X

    ReplyDelete