Sunday 8 June 2014

On Countdown

Less than a month to go till S & L are to be married. Bookings have been confirmed and details finalised, final dress fitting this week , my outfit sorted -  so it should all go very smoothly.... Yes?....

I was in a bit of a panic last week, but that has gone now, and we are just looking forward to the day.

It has been a bit of a roller coaster this week. We sadly said goodbye to a dear lady and this leaves a dark mood that is hard to shake. But lighter events take over,  leaving fond memories  of one who will be missed.
*******

Not much going on in the way of sewing though.

I did quickly knit a little bolero for Miss O in case the weather was inclement for her Christening on Saturday. I burnt the midnight oil to get it finished (I am not a quick knitter) and I am glad I did.
It was not needed.
The rain bucketed down on our two hour trip to Leigh On Sea where Miss O lives, and generally my heart sinks when we hit the M25 - I hate that road. But this week, it was a joy, because as we approached the blue sky filled the horizon .

The event was mid afternoon, and we spent the time after the ceremony,  in the garden eating and drinking something fizzy and passing that poor baby around like she was the latest toy that everyone wanted to "have a go with".  She obliged with lots of smiles and giggles and a long snooze in someone's arms when she got bored.
the long gown was abandoned in the warmth
 Some family members were not able to attend and it will be good to catch up with them soon.

It was a good chance for Miss S to practice her cake making skills - she is making her own wedding cake next month, and this is causing me one or two concerns. Not because she can't bake. She is a very good cook, but there will not be much room for a re run if something goes wrong. The fruit cake is already cooked. Just a couple of sponge layers to go.
must have been good - it was gone in a flash
We attended another Christening on Sunday and again, the weather was kind and we sat in the garden when we got back and I began the smocking of this.

not my garden

My lovely friend made them (bonus!) and passed to me to practice my smocking on.

Another lovely friend had the exciting news that her new Grandchild had made an appearance - after many girl babies she now has another boy to dote on. He lives way up in Scotland, so she will be making the trip (today I believe) to get her quota of cuddles, with the boy and his three sisters in.

 So an eventful but good week all in all.

I hope to finish the rompers and another a couple of items this week, but there is paperwork to get to the accountant due, and I must not put that off.

2 comments:

  1. Good times and sad all rolled into one week, but the sun is shinning and time to stop worrying just enjoy the 'journey'. That cake looks great, she won't need any second chances with the wedding cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and I recognise the romper. Love the romper suit!! Glad you got the knitting done in time.

    ReplyDelete