Tuesday 1 May 2018

Nearly there ...

With the scrappy quilt .

After much piecing, the blocks for my Jamestown Landing quilt are all made up,  so the joining of said blocks commenced


 I had not counted how many blocks of each type I actually needed, and after I got this far I needed to make some more of the stripy blocks.
 So now the top is done, and I am just contemplating what sort of border I would like on this.  It won't be a wide border, I think just a narrow cream, then a scrappy coloured and another narrow cream, but the sewing space has been tided, and the quilt put to one side whilst we have a little trip, and hopefully a bit of sunshine too. 
 We did have a visit down south - the boys were playing  a golf tournament. Then a nice walk along the sea front
 followed by a yummy brunch.

 I have been trying to get this shawl finished - just got a deep lace panel to go but I can't tell you how many times it has been pulled out. I keep losing my place 😖 but hopefully it will be done before the weekend .......


Unless I keep wasting so much time with this bonnie bundle 😊

 so don't expect to see a finish soon 🙄

We have had the French family visiting and they brought this lovely garlic so we will all be smelling rather.....

 And a beautiful plant.  These Marguerites always look so cheerful.  I had this flower in my wedding bouquet - maaaaaany years ago


We are off on a bit of a road trip at the weekend so hopefully I will have some interesting photos to share next time

2 comments:

  1. Wow the quilt is fabulous, so much work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt & am now wondering how you are going to quilt it? The little one is just so cute! Hope you enjoyed your weekend away. I'm on catch up at the moment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete